Respect for Human Rights
BGF Retail supports the international standard guideline of UN Global Compact Ten Principles regarding human rights and labor. We strive to comply with labor and human rights laws in all of our business areas. To this end, BGF Retail recommends that all stakeholders involved in transactions with us, including our employees, to respect BGF Retail’s human rights policies.BGF Retail Human Rights Management Policy
we operate ‘Shared Growth Promotion Committee’ to realize sincere and exemplary shared growth with small and medium-sized business partners. The Secretariat, the general shared growth policy voting body, is in charge of esta-blishing mid- and long- term shared growth road map, inspecting quarterly shared growth promotion status, vital-izing interaction with partner companies and developing shared growth programs. And The franchise headquarter strives to develop blue chip branches and improve the profitability of the existing ones, making various efforts for shared growth development with franchise branches.
Protecting Customer Information
We appoint the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) and the personnel in charge of privacy protection to supervise the com-prehensive privacy-related tasks operation, damage relief, prevention of leakage and misuse of personal information, protection of personal data, etc. Also, we separately form a dedicated organization for privacy protection and est-ablish regulations and processes related to work for a thorough operation of privacy protection tasks. In February 2019, BGF Retail obtained the Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification organized by the Ministry of Science and ICT and the Personal Information Protection Committee and operated by the Korea Internet Promotion Agency.
Enhancing Customer Value
BGF Retail is in pursuit of becoming a leading company in terms of customer satisfaction, with product and service quality improvement through customer-centered management. We are currently reorganizing the system and training employees by launching groups such as CCO (Coexistence Council Officer), CCM Secretariat, and dedicated department (Customer Support Team) to establish CCM culture.
BGF Retail designates the entire process of quality management, from manufacturing, storage, deliveray to sales, as the scope of management. To provide more safe products and services to customers, we conduct periodical quality management test and sales standard test on partner companies, distribution centers and brances, preventing risk factors. We have established and operated consumer safety principles to prioritize consumer safety and healthy as well as to promise continuous quality improvement.
BGF Retail Consumer Safety Principles
BGF Retail will provide products and services of the best quality at any time and location based on the corporate philosophy and spare no effort to actualize customer values.
- We make strict compliance to related laws for products and services quality.
- Prioritizing the health and safety of our customers, we continue with quality improvement throughout the entire supply chain.
- We actively communicate with stakeholders for the best products and service quality.
- We strive for the quality of the best products and services at home and abroad with our suppliers and partner companies.
Greating GWP (Great Work Place)
BGF Retail strives to provide safe working environment for members and prevent industrial disasters. We have organized the Industrial Safety Committee and hold regular meetings every quarter according to the Industrial Safety and Health Act. We appointed safety and health management officers (CSO), management supervisors, and safety managers, establishing and practicing safety and health management policies for the members’ safety, health and prevention of industrial accidents.
BGFretail, Creating social-economic values to be shared
Under the vision "BGFretail creates emotional and economic values by harmoniously connecting our
network capability with social issues.", we make an effort to fulfill our role and responsibility as a member of society.
Social Contribution Vision
BGFretail Creates Emotional and Economic Values to All
by Harmoniously Connecting Our Network Capability with Social Issues
Social Contribution Mission
- BGFretail, BGFlogis, BGFfoods, BGFhumannet, BGFcashnet, BGFdsnet, BGFinsurance-service
- Contributing Our Network Capability to the Society
- Providing Positive Psychological Values
- Promoting Cooperative Business Opportunities with Local Community
Professionalism, Authenticity, Sustainability, Innovation, Passion
Major Social Contribution Activities
Disaster Prevention and Relief Campaign ‘BGF Bridge’
- In January 2015, BGFretail started ‘BGF Bridge’ that supports disaster prevention and relief through an agreement with Ministry of Public Safety and Security and Korea Disaster Relief Association. BGFretail plays a urgent early rescue role in disaster prevention guidance and national disaster through utilizing Korea’s biggest retail distribution infrastructure and national distribution system. BGFretail shares its network to make our country safe and happy.
Fundraising campaigns with UNICEF
- BGFretail closely cooperate with Korean Committee for UNICEF to share love with children of the world. BGFretail participates in various campaigns such as sending clean water to Africa, fundraising for global disasters and coin collection campaign through the nation’s largest retail network CU stores. BGFretail is making endeavor for children’s safety and happiness by utilizing distribution network and infrastructure.
Close Cooperation between civil society and policy agency
- BGFretail uses infrastructure of 14,000 CU convenience stores nationwide to provide security services to vulnerable people. For the first time in Korea, POS Emergency Reporting System and I-CU, a campaign to prevent missing persons, has been implemented, and we are contributing to the expansion of the child safety network by discovering and rewarding those who have rendered distinguished service to children.
Job creation for people with Developmental Disabilities, ‘CU Together’
- BGFretail is the first company in the industry to hire people with developmental disabilities in cooperation with the Korea Employment Agency for Persons with Disabilities. Prior to this, we have been operating Senior Staff, a senior job creation program, since 2010.
‘CU Sprout Store’ to Support Self-reliance of the socially and economically weak
- ‘CU Sprout Store’ is a job creation and start-up support project for socially and economically vulnerable people with work skills. BGFretail is doing its best to solve social problems based on its core business capabilities.
BGF Affectionate Sharing of Goods
- BGFretail has been donating goods and foods to The National Food Bank every month from 2009 to help underprivileged children who cannot afford regular meals. And staring 2013, BGF’s employees, affiliated companies, franchisees and their family participate in volunteer activity ‘BGF Affectionate Sharing of Goods’. The activity runs in 12 locations across the nation and the affectionate boxes including goods and foods delivered to the underprivileged people.
Employee Salary Sharing
- Employees of BGF voluntarily contribute a portion of their monthly salaries and the company also donates the same amount as employees’ contribution. BGFretail has supported cochlear surgery for children along with the non-profit organization, ‘Lovely Snail,’ to bring the sound of hope to children with hearing disabilities. The fundraising was started in 2010 at BGFretail and it was expanded to BGF subsidiaries in 2015.
Supporting Dokdo Campaign
- Starting 2012, BGFretail has been conducting various campaigns that support Dokdo such as Loving Dokdo Fundraising event, Understanding of Dokdo campaign. In 2014, BGFretail has donated profits of about 40 PB products to the non-profit organization ‘Loving Dokdo Organization’ and also conducted a nationwide campaign that supports Dokdo and Korea through nation-crossing bicycle march. BGFretail plans to support Dokdo continuously by ‘CU Dokdo Transportation Card’ that part of its profits are donated to Dokdo supporting fund.
Supporting Korean independent activists
- BGFretail has signed a 'Business Agreement for Popularization of Independence Movement History' with the Independence Hall of Korea and is taking the lead in promoting the history of independence movement by introducing independence activists of the month to CU stores nationwide.
In addition, the company operates a convenience store in Yeouido, Han River with the Welfare Business Association for Independent Merit, and the entire proceeds of the BGFretail are provided for the welfare of the families of independent patriots.