BGFretail, Creating social-economic values to be shared
Under the vision “BGFretail creates emotional and economic values by harmoniously connecting our
network capability with social issues.”, we make an effort to fulfill our role and responsibility as a member of society.
Social Contribution Vision
BGFretail Creates Emotional and Economic Values to All
by Harmoniously Connecting Our Network Capability with Social Issues
Social Contribution Mission
- BGFretail, BGFlogis, BGFfoods, BGFhumannet, BGFcashnet, BGFdsnet, BGFinsurance-service
- Contributing Our Network Capability to the Society
- Providing Positive Psychological Values
- Promoting Cooperative Business Opportunities with Local Community
Professionalism, Authenticity, Sustainability, Innovation, Passion
Major Social Contribution Activities
Disaster Prevention and Relief Campaign ‘BGF Bridge’
- In January 2015, BGFretail started ‘BGF Bridge’ that supports disaster prevention and relief through an agreement with Ministry of Public Safety and Security and Korea Disaster Relief Association. BGFretail plays a urgent early rescue role in disaster prevention guidance and national disaster through utilizing Korea’s biggest retail distribution infrastructure and national distribution system. BGFretail shares its network to make our country safe and happy.
Fundraising campaigns with UNICEF
- BGFretail closely cooperate with Korean Committee for UNICEF to share love with children of the world. BGFretail participates in various campaigns such as sending clean water to Africa, fundraising for global disasters and coin collection campaign through the nation’s largest retail network CU stores. BGFretail is making endeavor for children’s safety and happiness by utilizing distribution network and infrastructure.
Close Cooperation between civil society and policy agency
- BGFretail uses infrastructure of 14,000 CU convenience stores nationwide to provide security services to vulnerable people. For the first time in Korea, POS Emergency Reporting System and I-CU, a campaign to prevent missing persons, has been implemented, and we are contributing to the expansion of the child safety network by discovering and rewarding those who have rendered distinguished service to children.
Job creation for people with Developmental Disabilities, ‘CU Together’
- BGFretail is the first company in the industry to hire people with developmental disabilities in cooperation with the Korea Employment Agency for Persons with Disabilities. Prior to this, we have been operating Senior Staff, a senior job creation program, since 2010.
‘CU Sprout Store’ to Support Self-reliance of the socially and economically weak
- ‘CU Sprout Store’ is a job creation and start-up support project for socially and economically vulnerable people with work skills. BGFretail is doing its best to solve social problems based on its core business capabilities.
BGF Affectionate Sharing of Goods
- BGFretail has been donating goods and foods to The National Food Bank every month from 2009 to help underprivileged children who cannot afford regular meals. And staring 2013, BGF’s employees, affiliated companies, franchisees and their family participate in volunteer activity ‘BGF Affectionate Sharing of Goods’. The activity runs in 12 locations across the nation and the affectionate boxes including goods and foods delivered to the underprivileged people.
Employee Salary Sharing
- Employees of BGF voluntarily contribute a portion of their monthly salaries and the company also donates the same amount as employees’ contribution. BGFretail has supported cochlear surgery for children along with the non-profit organization, ‘Lovely Snail,’ to bring the sound of hope to children with hearing disabilities. The fundraising was started in 2010 at BGFretail and it was expanded to BGF subsidiaries in 2015.
Supporting Dokdo Campaign
- Starting 2012, BGFretail has been conducting various campaigns that support Dokdo such as Loving Dokdo Fundraising event, Understanding of Dokdo campaign. In 2014, BGFretail has donated profits of about 40 PB products to the non-profit organization ‘Loving Dokdo Organization’ and also conducted a nationwide campaign that supports Dokdo and Korea through nation-crossing bicycle march. BGFretail plans to support Dokdo continuously by ‘CU Dokdo Transportation Card’ that part of its profits are donated to Dokdo supporting fund.
Supporting Korean independent activists
- BGFretail has signed a 'Business Agreement for Popularization of Independence Movement History' with the Independence Hall of Korea and is taking the lead in promoting the history of independence movement by introducing independence activists of the month to CU stores nationwide.
In addition, the company operates a convenience store in Yeouido, Han River with the Welfare Business Association for Independent Merit, and the entire proceeds of the BGFretail are provided for the welfare of the families of independent patriots.